Earlyview Times - Earlyview  News / Magazine

Header
collapse
...
Home / US News / California couple arrested for murder in case of missing 7-month-old, sheriff says

California couple arrested for murder in case of missing 7-month-old, sheriff says

Aug 23, 2025  Amelia Foden  1,300 views

The parents of a 7-month-old child who has been missing for over a week have been arrested for murder, authorities in California announced Friday.

Emmanuel Haro was reported missing on Aug. 14 at approximately 7:47 p.m. local time after the child's mother "reported being attacked outside a retail store on Yucaipa Boulevard," the sheriff's office said in a statement last week.

Jake and Rebecca Haro were arrested at their residence in Cabazon, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said Friday. The two were last seen leaving the Riverside Superior Juvenile Courts on Wednesday.

Officials previously said they could not "rule out foul play" in the child's disappearance, as the mother's statement has contained inconsistencies.

The mother, Rebecca Haro, told previously told officials that "while she stood outside her vehicle, changing the child's diaper, she was physically assaulted by an unknown male and rendered unconscious," officials said.


When she woke up, the child was gone, the mother told officials.

Once on the scene, scent-tracking dogs were deployed, but the 7-month-old "was not located," officials said.

The sheriff's department interviewed "multiple individuals" regarding the disappearance, including the child's mother and father, Jake Haro.

"During those interviews, Rebecca was confronted with inconsistencies in her initial statement and declined to continue with the interview," the sheriff's office said.


After those interviews, officials said they were "unable to rule out foul play in the disappearance of Emmanuel." Since then, officials have conducted "extensive" searches in the areas of Yucaipa and Cabazon and have also served "several search warrants at the Haro home." Authorities are also reviewing a "large amount of surveillance video" from the areas of interest.

In an interview with Los Angeles ABC station KABC on Saturday, the child's mother described her son as a "happy boy" and begged whoever has her son to "give him back to me."


"Please don't hurt my son," Rebecca Haro told KABC.

usn3san-bernadino-arrest-ht-jt-250822_1755879734954_hpMain_4x3

A spokesperson for the sheriff's department told KABC the father's vehicle was seized on Tuesday for evidence amid the investigation.

Jake Haro pleaded guilty to willful cruelty to a child following a 2018 arrest, KABC reported.

"Whoever took our soon, please bring him back," the father told KABC on Saturday.

The father's attorney said in a statement to ABC News earlier this week that he is "fully cooperating with law enforcement and investigators."

"Investigators will continue their search for seven-month-old Emmanuel Haro," the department said on Friday.

No additional details were immediately released on the arrest.


Share:

Your experience on this site will be improved by allowing cookies Cookie Policy